Saturday 15 March 2014

How novel


I'm not a big reader, but when looking for something to read, I tend towards travel guides and thrillers.  I was more than a little intrigued when I heard about a new novel featuring - amongst other things - Dartmoor letterboxing.  'The Secret Letterbox' is the latest book by writer John Kemp.  

The story follows the lives of triplets whose lives take dramatically different courses, only to, later in life find themselves drawn back together to confront fear, history and, yes, letterboxing.

Its a fantastic tale told at an engaging pace with plenty of  suspense.  The letterboxing element is both key and consistent throughout too.  References are made to Haytor and the Becka Brook.  It is obvious that the American author, now a Devon resident has done his research.

The book is available as a paperback or e-book.  More information via his website (www.johnkemp.uk.com).

I'm looking forward now to Dartmoor based horror/comedy film 'Stag Hunt' due for release by Dog Face Films later this year...  A review to follow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reading my novel
and taking the time to review it.
I am so glad you found it was engaging and suspenseful.
That was exactly the reading experience I hoped readers
would have!
I really enjoyed looking at your insightful blog and website too.
I would really like to put your review on my own website.
Thank you very much.
Best wishes,
John Kemp